Knights Of Dragons Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Knights Of Dragons Dawn

Welcome To KODD Forums

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stone Tooth Tavern

Go down 
+4
Dungeon Master
Roland Of Gilead
Kodiak
custosnox
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Dungeon Master
Knight
Knight

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 10:43 pm

Startalon, I need you to roll a 20 sided die
Back to top Go down
custosnox
Admin
Admin
custosnox

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2007-12-06

Character sheet
Name: Darian Silver
Race: Sylvan Elf
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 10:45 pm

The member Roland Of Gilead has done the following action : Dices roll

1 times Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 2 Dice.html-6
Results :
  Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 2 Dice.html-21
Back to top Go down
Dungeon Master
Knight
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 10:50 pm

Before Darien can respond, Startalon's eyes start to bulge, and starts moving his mouth as if trying to speak but no sounds come fourth. He grabs for his throat out of reflex. Finally he is able to cough several times, and then able to speak again, though his voice is but a mere whisper of what it was. startalon head feels like it is moving through water.
Back to top Go down
custosnox
Admin
Admin
custosnox

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 10:53 pm

"Dragons Blood my friend. Glad to see you are still upright." He adds a grin to his response.
Back to top Go down
Roland Of Gilead
Admin
Admin
Roland Of Gilead

Number of posts : 124
Time Zone (GMT +/-) : raiding, pillaging, overall destruction
Alliance Title : Co-Founder
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Character sheet
Name: startalon
Race: Dark Elf

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 10:59 pm

"its got a punch doesnt it" the once gravely voice is now a small, gravely voice.

"although im sure you didnt warn me of its other... effects... on purpose. im glad i have been a sport to you my friend and now that you have gotten your laughs may i atleast have the pleasure of your names?"

the stranger leans forward in his chair slightly. enough that you can see the outline of elfen figures.
Back to top Go down
https://kodd.rpg-board.net
custosnox
Admin
Admin
custosnox

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 11:06 pm

"I am known as Darien Silver. And it was not so much sport as it was a chance to see how well you would hold up to it. I've seen trolls dropped by a drop. Granted they were small trolls but trolls non the less."
Back to top Go down
Kodiak
Officer
Officer
Kodiak

Number of posts : 107

Character sheet
Name: Kodiak
Race: Half Sylvan Elf
Class: Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 11:34 pm

"I am known as Kodiak of Kemper, though I have been called other thins before" he's says laughingly. Now take this fair maiden I chanced to met upstairs, she had other names for me."
Back to top Go down
Kodiak
Officer
Officer
Kodiak

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 11:39 pm

"This pouch here" as he pats the dog, "goes by Kristo". THe dog licks his hand.

"And what might we call you?"
Back to top Go down
Roland Of Gilead
Admin
Admin
Roland Of Gilead

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 6:08 pm

the man pushes back his hood with a flourish.

"My name in my language would more than likely tie your toungue into knots. but my name among the other races is startalon. its close enough to a literal translation."

Startalon raises the mug again to his lips and takes a small, careful sip of teh dragons blood.
Back to top Go down
custosnox
Admin
Admin
custosnox

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 6:58 pm

Darien stares at the dark skin and white hair of startalon through tightly slitted eyes. "and what would bring a creature of the underdark to these lands?" he asked in a strangled voice.
Back to top Go down
Roland Of Gilead
Admin
Admin
Roland Of Gilead

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 7:15 pm

"That my friends is a little closer to my nature than i intend to let you get this soon. why... i barely no you other than the fact that you my friend..." he points at darian. "are a sylvan elf. your kind and mine have no small love lost between them do they?"

"but yet, my...resources... have ttold me to keep an eye for two strangers. one of the Hated, and a wanderer with a canine friend. i only wish that i could figure out what would be so important that i should keep an eye out for... you. much less any of the lesser races. however i do believe you are the cleanest patrons in this bar so your company would be preferable to any of these scum." he says with a whithering look at a rather dirty fellow pushing himself through the crowd.
Back to top Go down
custosnox
Admin
Admin
custosnox

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 7:33 pm

"lesser races? It seems awfully close to sounding like you are including me in such a class... drow" Darien says while slowly standing, planting his hands on the table in front of him, acid dripping from the final word. Small flashes of silver lightening sparkle within his eyes, standing out starkly against the deep purple of them.
Back to top Go down
Dungeon Master
Knight
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 7:47 pm

Several patrons of the tavern start watching the two elves with interest. Some of the closer ones move back some to keep from getting caught up in the midst of whatever may come. Those that had been gambling on dice and bones paused to place a few wagers on the outcome.
Back to top Go down
Kodiak
Officer
Officer
Kodiak

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 8:55 pm

"My dear two, newly made acquintises" Kodiak says taking another sip, slowly gazing at the two, "I see it this as having two out comes,one the typical battle which would entertain me dearly OR challange each other where it counts in the pocket. I happen to have a two ten sided dice in my pouch, if the total is odd it goes to the Darien, if even it goes to Startalon,BUT if you each roll the same number the house gets it being ME"

Are you chivalristic enough to solve this over dice he says with a more charming smile than has been in that tavern in a long time . He danglings the ppouch of dice over the table.
Back to top Go down
custosnox
Admin
Admin
custosnox

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 9:36 pm

without taking his eyes from startalon, Darien answers Kodiak "This is not a matter of a simple challange, or a time for dice games. But then, being a half blood, I can't see that you would understand that"
Back to top Go down
Roland Of Gilead
Admin
Admin
Roland Of Gilead

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 9:37 pm

startalon looks at Kodiak with a small smile playing on the corner of his lips.

"this is no small thing that will be decided by a mere game of dice" he says "nor between the two of us period. this is a distataste born of centuries of differences between our races. the sylvans are Light, and Green and the stuff of this world above. where as my kind thrives in darkness and caves. my brethren rarely leave our home for any reason and a sylvan wouldnt be caught dead in one of our lairs."

"if you wish to test your strength against mine then fien lets be done with it but i cannot let my dislikes for the...company... i must endure come in between me and what i am sent here to do."

the gold flecks begin to die out in his eyes as if some measure of tension has passed out of him
Back to top Go down
custosnox
Admin
Admin
custosnox

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 9:53 pm

In an instant the flashes within his eyes seem to spark of sudden mischief as a grin comes to his lips "But then, perhaps this dark one offers me an interesting challenge. I just might have to see what this challenge might be so that I can show this son of a motherless drider how it is supposed to be done." He lets out a hardy laugh and calls out louder "BARMAID!!! COME BRING US ANOTHER ROUND OF THAT DRAGONS BLOOD AND TAKE THE REST OF MY GOLD!!!!"
Back to top Go down
Kodiak
Officer
Officer
Kodiak

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 10:52 pm

Kodiak takes a deep breath and clenches his fists after hearing that all too common phrase "half blood." But decides better of it when the word dragon's blood is afford as a peace offering. He relaxes his fists, he's a bet on the leary side now, but he's never been one to refuse a good drink, well except maybe if it were poisoned. It woldn't be the first time he's come across that.

Where's this path going to lead us he thinks looking down at Kristo momentarily.

It 's been a longtime on the road for one so young as he, but it's been one of pleasure for the past year, trying not to look back at his past. So onto the future and what better way to start than with Dragon's blood.
Back to top Go down
Kodiak
Officer
Officer
Kodiak

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 11:19 pm

The barmaid brings three full mugs over towards the table, Kodiak puts an arm around her waist with a smile and a glint in his eye. She beams a bright smile at him and turns deftlytoward Darian giving him her full attention and a little bit more.

Kodiak laughes"she knows where the gold lies" Laughing some more.

Raising his mug he eyes the two " let there be adventures a head worthy enough that bards may tell of our tales for years to come".
Back to top Go down
Roland Of Gilead
Admin
Admin
Roland Of Gilead

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 8:05 pm

uttering a small dry chuckle, startalon takes a seat at the table.

"The Night Dwellers. as you above are known to call my family, sledom partake in anything stronger than mulled wine. but if it would make this...companionship... more comfortable then so be it. i will drink your dragonsblood and tell you some of the reason i am here. do not expect me to go into detail because a...Drow's..."he says with a very unfriendly look spared at darian "business is no business of outsiders. the only reason i am on the outside in the first place is at my patriarchs orders."

he takes another small measured sip of the strong brew. making his head spin even more.

"my eyes, you see are so used to such pitch blackness...sweet darkness... that being Above during the day is excrutiating pain. when i first traveled this world of men, the first one to leave the darkness from my home in generations, i was almost as blind during the day as one of these Humans are in moonless night. i have since gotten somewhat used to it, but it still is painfull to be in direct sunlight."
Back to top Go down
custosnox
Admin
Admin
custosnox

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 9:09 pm

retaking his seat, Darien empties his coin pouch into the barmaids outstretched hand. Taking the coins, the barmaid retreats to the back room again, apparently to place the coins in a lockbox.

"sent by your patriarch was you? And it seems that anything that would benefit the underdark seldom bodes well for those on the surface. And what would dark ones interest in the two of us be?" Darien asks startalon in a level voice.
Back to top Go down
Roland Of Gilead
Admin
Admin
Roland Of Gilead

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 9:32 pm

"that, i am not sure of. i do not believe our seers know what the reason is. i was told to wander the Human lands in search of you two. that you in particular..."

he points at darian

"have need of me in some...quest. that affects our lives in the underdark. how or why they could not, or would not tell me. i am still within my mage training although i am the highest in my class, but it speaks of some oddness that they would not send someone more experienced. with a lifetime of training in the dark arts. i do not know how it is with your kind Darian, but with nightdwellers we do not have many mages. our kind tend to be more of the warrior heart. we few that have the ability to read the night and manipulate it to our desires have true power. the greatest in our abode can make mountains move and rivers alter their course with a single thought. i however am not that strong as of yet."

He shivers as some unknown thought runs through his mind.

"i have said to much already, given too much of myself away than is decent. it must be this devils brew you have me drinking. now it is your turn my Forest Dwelling Companion. what brings you to this Tavern and what is it you think my kind needs of you? i hunger to know what it is that is so important as to leave my duties and training and journey forth into this forsaken land."
Back to top Go down
custosnox
Admin
Admin
custosnox

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 10:57 pm

"Me?" Darien asks "I am merely a lost wanderer of the realms. With the distruction of my home I am without purpose. As far as what your seers want from me, I do not know. I don't have any intentions of doing anything to advance the cause of your kind." He then drains his mug of the red drink in one pull.
Back to top Go down
Kodiak
Officer
Officer
Kodiak

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 1:19 am

Kodiak eyes the two men drinking the red brew and is determine to prove his manhood too, with one large swig of the brew,he gasps, quickly catches his breath with watering eyes, not wanting to give way to his youth, determined to prove he is an equal in his own way he sets down the mug and nods. The dog curls up under the table.

"A quest.......... let me tell you friends if I may, the one or 'ones' that rid this land of the Lords of Mayhem, will truelly be the brave and deserving ones. The Lords of Mayhem also know as the 'Server Lords' have darken many a lands with little thought of others. The people of all of our lands need to be led out of this darkness. This is no one battle for just humans or elves, dark, light or green. It's time we came together finally and bring down the Lords of Mayhem. Unless of course you like being walked all over, lands stolen, villages burned. I tell you I will not stand for it, Where there is a need there is a way."
Back to top Go down
Kodiak
Officer
Officer
Kodiak

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 2:33 am

"I recall sitting at my fathers knee out along Meadow's brook, my father use to tell me of the days of peace, or at least tolerance. There were old held traditions to settling disputes among the different races. All in all life was pretty good. The farmers farmed, guilds were active, warriors were strong and well trained.

Then much like a a slow brewing storm, the kind that would ruin harests by the end of their wrath came a different kind of folk. One so selfish all around them life withered. Only those that craved power would dare come near the Mayhem Lords, bowing lower than is right for any man or woman. They listened to no ones pleas, sprawling across the lands. They think they are unstopable, but so long as there is a hope and those willing to fight for the freedom there is the chance of over throwing them.

It will take more than the mere three of us for a task such as this. The question is, can we rally such troops that are keen of sense in times of battle and the stamina to hold on till the end.

A task such as that will make drinking dragons blood like drinking warm milk.

What say ye?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stone Tooth Tavern
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Knights Of Dragons Dawn :: KODD RPG :: MossShire Village-
Jump to: